Download a PDF of Catherine Mason’s Snack Pack here.
- Reichardt J (1968) Cybernetic Serendipity: The Computer and the Arts catalogue of the ICA exhibition. Re-issued by Studio International in 2018. Link to PDF.
- Mason C (2008 & 2021) A Computer in the Art Room: The Origins of British Computer Arts 1950- 1980. A highly-illustrated in-depth introduction to sixty+ pioneering artists and practitioners in Britain, set within an art historical context. Link to e-book.
- Jones S (2011) Synthetics: Aspects of Art and Technology in Australia, 1956-1975. Link to book See also Stephen Jones and Associates website here.
- And see also Mason C (2018) Cybernetic Serendipity: History and Lasting Legacy. Studio International. Link to article.
- Copeland M (2019) Gustav Metzger: Writings (1953–2016). Link to book. See also Mason C (2019) Gustav Metzger: Shouldering the Tasks of the Century. Talk given at The Need for Art to Change the World symposium, Zurich. Link to video.
- Mason C (2020) Digital and Networked Art in Lockdown: How can we be creative in new ways? Studio International. Link to article.
- Computer-Arts-Society. A practitioner-led group of like-minded individuals, based UK with international reach. Fantastic archive, recorded talks, interviews, etc. Free to join. Link to website.
- Website dedicated to the work of Edward Ihnatowicz.Link to website.
- Mason C (2022) Conversation between Catherine Mason and pioneering computational artist Ernest Edmonds, discussing how cybernetics has influenced the development of his work, to be published in Ernest Edmonds Art:Notes + Works, forthcoming November 2022. See also Edmonds’ show Jan. 2023 at Mosman Gallery NSW: “The Colour in the Code” https://mosmanartgallery.org.au/whats-on
If you would like a copy of a paywalled article, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for possible access options.