Download a PDF of Genevieve Bell’s Snack Pack here.
- Bateson G (1966) Steps to an ecology of mind: From Versailles to cybernetics. Lecture given at the “Two Worlds Symposium,” Sacramento State College, April 21. Link to audio recording.
- Keesing RM (1974) Reviewed works: Steps to an ecology of mind: Collected essays in anthropology, psychiatry, evolution, and epistemology by Gregory Bateson. American Anthropologist 76(2): 370-372. Link to article (paywalled).
- Brand S (1976) For God’s sake, Margaret! Conversation with Gregory Bateson and Margaret Mead. CoEvolutionary Quarterly, June. Link to article.
- Adams D (1978) The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy. Comedy science fiction franchise including the original radio broadcast on BBC4, novels, stage shows, and a feature film. Read more here.
- Bell G and McLennan AK (2019) “The new cybernetics. Lessons from the last great redesign.” In: Schrader M & Martens V (eds) The Great Redesign: Frameworks for the Future. Hamburg: Next Factory Ottensen. Link to article.
- Bell G (2021) “After the pandemic: Cybernetic systems and an approach to the future.” IPAA 2021 Garran Oration. Link to video.
- Bell G (2021) “Touching the future: Stories of systems, serendipity and grace.” Griffith Review 71: 251- 263. Link to article (paywalled).
- Bell G et al. (2021) Custodians and midwives: The library of the future. Research and analysis on artificial intelligence and emerging technologies at the National Library of Australia by the School of Cybernetics, Australian National University, June 2021. Link to report.
If you would like a copy of a paywalled article, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for possible access options.